23 July 2010

Some Like it Hot and Spicy: Eat; An Oyster bar

Jumping for Cajun joy!
Shrimp Etouffee, $10.00
I don’t like oysters, except for in clam chowder, oh wait those are clams; so I guess I don’t like oysters unless they’re in an oyster bar, where I can get something else. I don’t like oysters; Oysters have the texture of phlegm. Sorry, I know that isn’t all that appetizing, but I had to put it out there. It’s ok if you like oysters, I know lots of people who do, I’m just not one of them.
 Eat: An Oyster Bar, has plenty to offer besides oysters. Their southern Creole menu is small, but their dishes pack heat. I ordered the Shrimp Etouffee—a southern stew made with spicy as hell tomato roux, shrimp and tons of cayenne pepper, smothered over a bed of white rice. It’s delicious with succulent shrimp, but be aware, hot, hot, hot.
They offer your classic Cajun dishes; Po Boys, Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Frog Legs, Blackened Catfish and a Whiskey Bread Pudding. Oh and did I mention they serve oysters . . . and that oysters feel like swallowing your own congestion.

 Eat’s décor is eclectic southern with a N. Williams feel, mix matched kitchen chairs and a fun southern waiter, who thought the Shrimp Etouffee was spicy, but failed to say it’s SPICY!!!! I loved the atmosphere here and can’t wait to go back for a drink and some more hotness.
Gumbo
Baked Oysters: I hear when they are baked the texture changes, but I'm too scared
Shrimp Etouffee
Po Boy

EaT: An Oyster Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment