04 June 2010

Ken’s Artisan Bakery Pizza Mondays

Arrabiata Pizza $13.00

A few weeks ago I went on a little pizza date. You know when you haven’t had pizza in like 5 days and suddenly you can’t stop thinking about it and even boxed pizza seems like it will suffice? But then you realize that you will spend $5 on a frozen pizza, which is practically 2 slices of good pizza . . . ok, so now you understand my eternal pizza struggles.
I happened to remember that Ken’s Artisan Bakery on NW 21st makes pizza’s in their brick oven every Monday evenings! I have wanted to try Ken’s Artisan Pizza for quite some time, but every venture to SE leaves me undetermined to wait over an hour.

We walked in and were seated right away. Shhh, we don’t want all those SE folk knowing our Ken’s ‘no wait secret.’ We ordered two pizza’s; the Soppressato Pizza, with tomato sauce, spicy soppressato, fresh mozzarella and basil and the Arrabiata Pizza, with tomato sauce, hot Calabrian chilies, mozzarella and basil. The Arrabiata was topped with a small dish of sea salt and dried chilies. Both were delicious; the crusts were crispy and the sauce tasted just as it does in Naples.


So currently I’m feeling really torn. When it comes to Italian style pizzas, I've been a Nostrana’s girl, but after trying Ken's, I'm realizing that Nostrana's has some serious competition . . . I’m undecided as to who’s pizza is better. What do you think??

Ken's Artisan Bakery on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Ken's all the way...Nostrana is good but it doesn't beat Ken's. And I really really love pizza.

    ReplyDelete