07 August 2010

Buon Compleanno

To everyone who wished me a happy birthday, near and far, directly and indirectly, my most gracious thoughts go out to you for making my day of birth celebration special ;)


 To celebrate we threw a small get together with my closest friends and family. The party was certainly bitter sweet as my childhood home is being sold (sale pending--could already be sold).  I've had over 20 birthday parties in this backyard and to think this could be the last . . .



But we are moving on to bigger and better things. A kitchen that serves my mother's spectacular baking skills, an island for us all to stand around and hopefully a cozy guest room for me to sleep on Christmas Eve night.


 Menu:
Prociutto e Melon
Caprese Skewers
Cheese and Crackers
Spinach Salad with goat cheese, pine nuts, red onion
Fettuccine with my mother's homemade bolognese sauce
Vanilla Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Frosting
Tiramisu 






 


 

 Wine, Wine and more Wine . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment