16 November 2010

Hola Esparza's!

 Tostada Guacamole; $9.95


Close your eyes and imagine you have to pick one region of food to eat for the rest of your life . . . what would it be? When I ask this of people, they more times then not tell me Mexican food (in which I usually feel offended that they wouldn't choose Italian food).

But I do like Mexican food. I like Mexican food with huge portions. I like it with refried beans, guacamole, sour cream and salsa with kick!

Esparza's on SE 28th is best known for their smoked meats. Smoked chicken. Smoked pork. Smoked beef brisket. Smoked wild boar. Smoked lamb. Yes, they have lamb.

Their menu is unique and expansive.

The Trailblazer: Smoked salmon enchilada with chipotle marinated shrimp and topped with jack, cheddar and jalapeno cheese.

Dale Evans: Smoked lamb flour tacos covered in mole sauce.

Of course we went more traditional . . . which was just as good.
 







Esparza's Tex Mex Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment