31 October 2010

Pinot; An American Brasserie

Welcome Pinot; the most accommodating and gracious $$$ restaurant I've been to in ages. Ruth Reichl (acclaimed food critic) wrote about the concept of spending money on a meal and paying not only for superb food, but for the experience and service. Nothing is worst then putting down a hefty dollar on a dinner and having the service be mediocre or worst.

Pinot may be new, but the chef and restaurant staff know how to make every costumer feel at home in their French kitchen. We were placed at the "chef's table," where we were able to see and feel all the hustle and bustle of the kitchen and see every exquisite meal being prepared.

Miss. Sarah's birthday dinner at Pinot was complete with a complimentary bottle of champagne (and when asked for strawberries, they implemented with raspberry sorbetto, in which they dolloped into each glass).

While I was obnoxiously taking pictures of cheese their platters, my nose practically touching the place, they simply offered me the plate; "That's an extra, would you like this one for your table? Otherwise I'll just have to give it to the staff."



Would I like a cheese platter?! Do you know who I am?

The dinner was spectacular. I had a "young hen." I wonder how young it was. I hope at least a teenager.

whole roast young hen roasted potatoes, carrot, onion and tomato

baby tins filled with fresh bread
Add captionskate wing potato gnocchi, brussels sprouts, preserved lemon, brown butter

alaskan salmon cauliflower and red potato gratin, horseradish

tagliatelle carbonara pork belly, shaved parmesan, duck egg
Birthday girl and Elizabeth
chocolate mouse

Pinot America Brasserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment